Power Dueling Academy
Please feel free to join and have a good time here at Power Dueling Academy!!! We are nothing but power and we work together and we are the next Best Academy!!
Power Dueling Academy
Please feel free to join and have a good time here at Power Dueling Academy!!! We are nothing but power and we work together and we are the next Best Academy!!
Power Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND NO ONE CAN MESS THAT UP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 204 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:35 am
Card of the Week
Vinyl's Card of the Week this week is Twin Photon Lizard! Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  207517iijz1isx
Poll
Week 5's CoTW
Pot of Greed
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_lcap7%Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Raigeki
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_lcap0%Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Harpies Feather Duster
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_lcap14%Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_lcap71%Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_rcap
 71% [ 10 ]
Magician of Faith
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_lcap7%Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14
Latest topics
» What's Happened?
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:24 pm by Yugi Muto(ISBTJ)

» YGOFan2012's over kill 2
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 7:20 pm by YGOFan2012

» Pokemon Autumn Battle Road
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:15 am by superzigzagoon

» Dueling Network names
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:51 pm by wattaguy007

» You're Banned!!!
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 4:14 am by Yugi Muto(ISBTJ)

» Count to 2,000
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:22 pm by superzigzagoon

» Overkill #2 - By Jack Atlas
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 1:54 pm by Jack Atlas

» ZackKiller Overkill sry for repost
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:07 am by ZackKiller

» ZackKiller Overkill
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 6:06 am by Guest

Most active topics
You're Banned!!!
Count to 2,000
Funny Pony Gif's
Chistmas Tourney!!
Here a super Idea
Tag Team Tournament (TTT)
Attribute Specific Tournament
The challenge
The Deck Master
Deck of choice.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Most active topic starters
! BestDuelist !
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_lcapPokemon Autumn Battle Road  Voting_barPokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_rcap 
Vinyl Scratch
Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_lcapPokemon Autumn Battle Road  Voting_barPokemon Autumn Battle Road  Vote_rcap 
Jack Atlas
assom
superzigzagoon
Icannotplayyugioh
!Snap!
YGOFan2012
ichigo kurosaki
Rainbow Dash

Pokemon Autumn Battle Road

Go down 
AuthorMessage
superzigzagoon
Admin
Admin
superzigzagoon

Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Autumn Battle Road    Pokemon Autumn Battle Road  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:15 am

This is a report from when I entered a Pokemon tournament.

Prizes aren't that big in Pokemon but 1st place prize was 4 booster packs of the latest set of the time and a 1st place victory cup which is a special card for coming in the top 3 but each place has it's on art.

It's of another forum website called Pokegym. It's the best site for Pokemon TCG discussions and the all the best Pokemon TCG players go on it.

Report by: Ghost Claydol
Deck: ZPST
Event: Battle Road
Format: Modified (HGSS - on)

I did a lot of testing on this deck before hand.
My biggest success before the this battle road was that I've won 2 out of 3 prereleases.
It's hard for me to enter competitions like this because there too far away from where I live.
Also 2 years before I was in a battle road and I won the first 3 matches before losing and doping me out of a top 2 cut .

My biggest problem to start with was that I didn't have any Pachirisu and nobody had 1 to trade there.
I was prepared to leave at this point (more than 120 miles home).
As a last ditched attemped I got my wallet out and bought 10 packets of call of legends and in one of them was a Pachirisu . I was going to play after all.

This battle road had 10 people (well 10 people finished it) 4 swiss rounds and a top cut of 2.

Round 1 (Yanmega/Donphan/Zoaroak)

Luckly I tested this match up a lot on Redshark so I knew what to do.

Game 1:

I used Zekrom for the Yanmega and Tornadus for the Donphan.
My opponent's deck didn't recover that well from my knock outs so I eventually won.

Game 2:

He had a Zoura but I think he should of had a heavier line with the zourark because during testing I found that Zourark is the biggest problem when facing this match up. Anyway 2 quick knock outs and it was done.

1-0

Round 2 (Gothitelle lock)

Now you think it's auto-loss but if you can destroy set up with this deck your opponent may never recover. He did think it was I sure fire win.

Game 1:
He gets a really fast set up which I never recovered so the rest you can guess.

Game 2:
Well my plan of killing the set up could now take place I aimed at one pokemon Solosis. I ended up knocking out all 3 of them I he just couldn't recover.

Game 3:
Gets called out whilst the prizes are even I don't remeber much of it but in the 3 turns I knocked out one of his at took the match (and said Gothitelle is a auto-loss to this deck? my opponent thought so)

2-0

Round 3 (Reshiboar/Magnezone like David Cohen's deck)

He was a really nice guy that I made friends with. I didn't do much testing against Reshiram but I was still interested to see Reshiram vs Zekrom.

Game 1:
I was winning then he takes the lead. I thought I was going to lose then I notice something. His deck only had 2 cards in from the Magnezones drawings. I needed to stall then it hits me. He would have used all his energy so catcher a no energy Emboar sounded good (Emboar has 4 retreat) however I knew if he has switch or junk arm I knew I would lose (He has 1 prize left to pick) I went with my plan and took the win. (Most epic win I ever had )

Game 2:
The first one took so long it got timed out before any of us could take the 3 prizes needed to make this game count. So I won the match.

3-0

Round 4 (Mew lock/Yanmega)

Now This guy has also won 3 matches. His decks main weakness was Zekrom due to the lightness weak Yanmega and the 60HP Mew. Even Vilplume couldn't stop it.

Game 1:
Nothing much to say really ones I get going there's nothing much to do. Luckly with the Muk attacks firing I had Shaymin in case I got in trouble with that.

Game 2:
Timed out whilst I was in the lead.

4-0

I was through however there where 2 decks that had 3-1 a ZPST deck which I was hoping not to go against because he would of had both Pachirisu in his deck or the last deck I played against. Then the judge (who was the same person that beat me 2 years which stopped my chances of winning that Battle Road) told me that since the last guy I was against only loss to me and since I won all 3 of my matches we be making to top 2 cut. (the Reshiboar deck lost to the ZPST deck or he may have been my opponent instead

Top 2 (FINAL)

Sleepiness effected us both but I let him off with his mistaked but he didn't let me off (because it was a final). He said he made it to a top 2 cut in another battle road this season when I asked.

Game 1:
Took the win when he gived up after a long game (He didn't want to get the match timed out like the last one)

1 MORE WIN TO GET COME ON!!!

Game 2:
It suffered delays due to me drawing to many cards when I shouldn't and eventually I got a prize penalty
I wasn't bothered because I knew it wouldn't effect me much.
At the closing stages of the game I got hit by Muk's attack and he brought out a Zekrom with no energy's (Zekrom has 2 reatreat). I had 2 energies to a Tornadus and 2 to my only Full Art Zekrom. I think I used professor Juniper and I was sure not to draw 8 instead of 7. I dropped shaymin to retach 2 to the zekrom that was out and 2 to the full art Zekrom then I attached a energy to FA Zekrom Retreat and BOLT STRIKE to win the battle road.

1st place GET IN! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This is a milestone for me 1st win a part from prereleases
8 win streak at competitions.
Thanks for reading my 1st report.
This a big milestone for me and

Probs:
Making it to Top Cut
Winning a battle road
Meeting nice people
Rounds getting timed out to my advantage

The not so goods:
Tiredness
Not getting Pachirisu as soon
Prize Penalty

Hoped you enjoyed it and if you have any tournament reports of any TCG game I would love to read them as well as many of the members of this site (I presume)

Note: In case you didn't know ZPST stands for...

Zekrom
Pachirsu
Shaymin
Tornadus

The main 4 Pokemon in the deck

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Autumn Battle Road
Page 1 of 1